From:
Gary Vincent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 17:54:41 -0700

Greetings all

I'm trying to compile a list of foods that would include quick easy recipes.
I have people ask me about gluten free foods from time to time.  Some of
which think they too might benefit from the same diet.  The problem is when
I give them a list of unsafe foods it sometimes looks overwhelming to them.
Even though they may be ill, they just don't see how they can cut out all
those foods from their diet.  I've found that like myself in the past, a lot
of people who aren't feeling well, start eating more fast foods and
processed foods rather than preparing nutritious meals for themselves.  For
some people it's much easier to open a can of soup (which probably contains
gluten) than it is to prepare a gluten free meal.  What I'm looking for in
the way of recipes are quick meals that don't have any hard to find
ingredients.  The simpler to prepare, the better.  Since some people can't
tolerate dairy, soy, corn, etc., recipes without these ingredients would be
great too.  I would also like to know what other foods people might be
sensitive to, so that I can include a list of these foods.  Any ideas for
dinning out would be great also.  This list will be suggestions to show that
even though gluten is excluded from a diet, there are still plenty of easy
choices.  When I'm finished with the list (it's going to take me awhile) I
will let you all know and then post a copy to anyone interested.

Patti