From:
Diane Bertrand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:24:15 EDT

This may be old news to the list but I am behind on reading the mail and was
without a computer for a while.

The Breadshop's Crispy Rice and Corn Flakes is no longer gluten free.  It has
barley malt in it.  A Celiac at my health food store discovered the change
after being ill and trying to figure out the source of the gluten.  As always
we are to check labels but I admit to being lacks about it when it comes to
companies that are primarily in the health food stores and are aware of the
food restrictions and allergies of many people.

I am planning to write to the company to express my disappointment in the
change to the cereal which tasted great already! For anyone else who would
like to inform the company of their loss of a morning cereal, here is the
address:

Breadshop Consumer Relations
16000 Fotthill Blvd
Irwindale, CA 91706

I also spoke to Arrowhead Mills and they are going to have new packaging on
their cereals which will say gluten free not wheat free.  Things are catching
on.