From:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lisa Roessler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2010 08:25:06 -0700

Sorry it's taken me a while to get this out. . . . but here are the responses to my post regarding gluten free store bought chicken wings:

Target Market Pantry plain wings or chicken tenders
S'Better Farms coated chicken strips
S'Better Farms chicken wing
Whole Foods Stop and Shop in MA have frozen gf chicken parts
Bell and Evans
Angel Food Ministries breaded chicken
Wegmans brand buffalo chicken wings

Plus a few recommendations for making my own:

- Cut the wings into 3 pieces at the joints.  I put the tips in a bag and freeze for making stock.  Put in a roasting pan with a little oil and toss around.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper,garlic powder and I also use Tony's.  Pre heat oven to broil with rack placed a bit higher in the oven.  Cook 10 min and flip over then 10 more.  While they are cooking melt butter ( I use about a 1/4 stick per person) add Tabasco till it's as hot as you like and about a tablespoon of vinegar.  Put sauce in a big bowl and transfer wings to it.  Toss well and serve.  Ready in under 30 and it's much healthier than the packaged ones.

- I buy them plain, and put them on a foil lined baking sheet. i usually season with montreal chicken, or you can just use salt and pepper or even nothing.  i roast at 450* for almost an hour, since i like them well done and crispy.  for a hot wing, i use texas pete's buffalo wing sauce and just roll the wings in that.  if i want something milder, asian sweet chili sauce is great to dip in.  the asian gourmet brand has no gluten listed in the ingredients. the kids would probably like that.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!