From:
Debbie Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Aug 1997 21:27:30 +0000

I am a 36  year old Celiac woman and I have been following this list for
several months.  I was  diagnosed 4 years ago with liver disease so severe
that a transplant was recommended.  Over the next year I fought tooth and
nail just to stay alive.  My health continued to degenerate and my hometown
doctor arranged for me to enlist in the help of the Kansas University
Medical Center.  After dozens of upper and lower GI=92s, Endoscopies, blood
work, transfusions and many months of a living hell, I was diagnosed with CD.

I went to a G/F diet and my conditions improved dramatically.  I was then
and continue to take 100 mg of Spironolactone per day.  That has never
presented a problem.

My questions are:

1.)....recently I began to take Ginseng Concentrate and an energy supplement
called PABA-500.  That is to help increase red blood cells.  The latter of
the two was suggested by K.U.  Then the itches set in.  I have researched
the drugs to the best of my ability and do not see any form of Gluten in
either.  I have eliminated both of them.  I still itch but not so severely.
Has anyone experienced such itching and how did you find relief?

2.)  What is DH and what are the symptons?

3.)  I find it very easy to overeat.  I am putting on an average of 11 lbs.
every two weeks.  Is this common for those of us that have spent a better
portion of our lives starving?

4.)  Sounds crazy, but could I be growing faster then my skin and the
streching is causing me to itch?

Any help from my fellow Celiacs would be greatly appreciated.  I am not a
writer for a living and it=92s a good thing.  Agreed?  Thanks friends....

From the Kansas Bread Basket...Debbie