From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Paul
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:32:50 -0400

I've been GF for a year.  During that time my wife has gone somewhat GF in
solidarity (she still eats gluten from time to time, but nowhere near as
much as she used to).  Since she's gone mostly GF she's been having the
oddest reaction: When she eats white pasta she'll have gastric distress and
digestive problems.  But when she eats whole wheat pasta, she won't.  When
she drinks lite beer she's fine, but when she drinks regular beer she'll
have gastric distress and digestive problems.  When she eats white bread
she'll have problems, but when she eats whole wheat crackers she's fine.
She says that the bloating she gets when she eats pasta; she's had this
reaction all her life, but she never noticed that it was anything out of the
ordinary until she stopped eating wheat all the time because of me.

Anyone else have any knowledge of other people having reactions like this?
Can you be "a little" Celiac?

Looking forward to learning.

Thanks,

Richard Paul