From:
Brian & Tami Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 17:43:46 -0700

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you know something.  I have called Balance twice in
regards to their Balance Bars.  When researching some of the gluten-free
lists, I saw that they were posted as safe.  However, they do have so
many ingredients in them, that I thought I better call for myself.
I've called twice in the last month.  Both times I spoke to a
representative who told me that she COULD NOT tell me whether or not the
bars were gluten-free or if they contained any gluten.  But both
representatives said that they would send me a list of their gluten-free
products.  I've received this packet of lists twice.  They do not list
their bars as gluten-free.  They also do not list them as containing
gluten.  They simply do not list them even though I specifically called
on that particular product.  I even gave them the UPC code.  So, if any
of you have specifically heard from their company that YES they are
definitely gluten-free, PLEASE let me know.

Thank you.

Tami
Hoquiam, WA
USA