From:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:43:03 -0400

The time to act is now!  We only have this month and next month to help
raise funds for the Center for Celiac Research (CFCR).  If we could make
this a record year, not only will we be helping CFCR but we might also make
another awareness milestone – get this walk NATIONAL attention!

I know you care and want to make a difference.  I know this because you
have signed into this listserv.  People who do this care about making
change and making their life better or the life of their loved one better.
All I'm asking is to take this same drive and energy to higher level.  I am
going to publish a list of fundraising activities you can think about
conducting sometime over the next couple of months.  I'll post this list
within the next few days.  However, if this is a bit much due to the time
constrained lives we celiacs must live then promise me you will make a
donation.  If every one of us gives something then we can make a difference.

You might also ask why CFCR versus your local community or another
organization?  25% of your contribution will go to local communities so
this is a win-win.  Here's why I believe in CFCR:

1. CFCR has worked long and hard to increase awareness throughout the
country among health care professionals, the general public,
news/television media outlets and other organizations.

2. CFCR was instrumental in helping get guidelines for diagnosis and
treatment of children published.  In addition, CFCR was instrumental in
producing a physican's slide set, grand rounds program and a gluten-free
diet guide.

3. CFCR spearheaded the largest study to show celiac is prevalent - 1 out
of 133  versus 1 out of 10,000.

4. CFCR developed the Ttg diagnostic test for CD which is now used
nationwide to diagnose CD.

5. CFCR spearheaded the organization that was successful in getting the new
food allergen labeling law.

6. CFCR discovered Zonulin, a protein.  This protein appears to be involved
in many disease states in which leakage occurs in the tight junctions.
Clinical trials are underway to create a zonulin inhibitor.

The list goes on but these are the large milestones over the past 10
years.  We are very fortunate to be diagnosed in this day and age.  Our
lives are so much better because of the momentum of CFCR and the celiacs
before us who cared to make a difference.  Let’s not rest on our laurels or
think there's nothing left to do!  As you know 98% of unknown celiacs are
still suffering and need the word "celiac" to be as common as cancer,
diabetes, and peanut allergies.  We are not done, the work must continue
and it takes every one of us!

Please sign-in to Dr. Fasano's donation page and make a donation today.
Also, send this post to your family, friends and co-workers and ask them
for their help.  You'll be amazed at their generosity. 70% of the funds I
raised came from family, friends and co-workers (i.e., non-celiacs). Just
send them to Dr. Fasano's web page. Finally, I've attached a donation form
you can use for check donations.

http://tinyurl.com?zt2gj

Thank you in advanced for your support!

Janet Kline,