From:
Janine Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janine Choi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:39:01 -0700

We recently discovered that the Storyteller's Cafe at the Grand California
Hotel in Anaheim, California has gluten free menu items.  The Chef there was
very nice and listed out for us all the items that he could make gluten
free.  My son, who is 4, was able to make a Mickey Mouse Pizza and had a
great time.  I was also able to eat off the menu since they carried gluten
free sandwich bread, buns, pizza dough and pasta.  What a treat.  The chef
is very sentitive to our needs and told us he uses separate utensils, pans,
etc. and has a separate prep station to handle the food.  He also stated
that they are working on some desserts.  He seemed to be quite knowledgeable
and willing to make our dining experience lots of fun.  The name of the chef
is Aaron F. Flores and his e-mail is [log in to unmask]

He also stated that for breakfast he has gluten free pancake mix to make
waffles, pancakes, etc.  We were really excited to find a place to eat
there. Since we are annual passholders we will be back soon.  He said that
15% of his patrons are celiac or some other food sensitivity with celiac.

I highly recommend this restaurant for both adults and little ones.  We had
a great day at Disneyland and also were able to enjoy dinner, too.  The
restaurant is not in Disneyland Park but at the Grand Californian hotel.  So
you don't need to buy a ticket to get into Disneyland, you can just go to
the Hotel for a meal.

Janine in Torrance, California