Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:50:09 -0600

Hi again.  I wrote several weeks ago looking for hints from other Celiacs without the usual gastorintestinal symptoms.  I thought I posted a summary but I think I sent it to the wrong place!!!  Anyway, thank you so much to those who responded to my question (over 100!!)   It was so awesome to hear from so many people in the same situation.  It is tough to know if I am eating the right things all of the time when there are no symtoms.  In hindsight, I think I do feel a bit of a "cloudy head"  but it has been a year since I cheated on purpose.

Interestingly, one of my sons was diagnosed Celiac since I posted last.  This helps me be even more vigilant about the diet and more interested in finding good things for us to eat.   (Kinnikinnick makes some fantastic Cinnamon buns!!)   Anyway, I have been reading with interest the connection between gluten and ADHD and migraines etc.  I have an eight year old son with ADHD and who has suffered from Migraine headaches since he was three.  We had him gluten-free all last week and I am sure he was improving in his behavior.  This weekend, he was at a friend's house and ate pretzels and cookies but I plan to get him back on tomorrow.  I would love to hear from others who have had experience with ADHD and gluten.  Our son is such a handful and I think it would be next to impossible to keep him on the diet but I would sure like to try it especially if I know there are lots of "Success Stories" out there.   Thanks for taking the time to read this.