From:
"Jody G." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 13:18:40 -0500

It seems that there may have been more than one Brownie recipe on the
web site that someone posted yesterday.

I am posting the recipe that I used yesterday because several people
have e-mailed asking questions.
These were the BEST gf brownies I have made in 3 years.   --Jody

-------------

Glutenfree Brownies

Yield: 30

1 stick (1/4 pound) butter or oleo
4 oz. baking chocolate
4 eggs (at room temperature)
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup soy flour
1/4 cup cornstarch or potato starch
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Butter a 13x9 pan. Set pan aside.
Melt butter & chocolate together in saucepan or microwave.. Let cool
awhile.
When cool,beat eggs and salt in a bowl with a fork until light & fluffy.

Gradually add sugar & vanilla. Beat well with fork. Add chocolate/butter

mixture, flour, baking powder, and cornstarch gradually, and mix well
with a fork. Add nuts/chips as desired.
Spread in oiled pan. Top with more nut halves if desired. Bake at 350
for 25 minutes, or until pass toothpick test. Cut when cool.
These keep for several days in a plastic bag, or wrapped in foil. They
also freeze well.