From:
Mat Rudd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 23:01:27 -0500

Thank you for an overwhelming response to my post.  I received a lot
of information, and since I haven't had time to try everything
suggested I'll just quantify my results.  My apologies if I missed
anyones suggestion, although I believe I got it all.

Mixes and Pre-made Breads:
(number indicates number of times suggested)
2 Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Bread Mix
2 Bob's Red Mill Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix
1 Ener-G corn loaf
1 Ener-G lite tapioca
2 Ener-G PaPa's bread
1 Food for Life's Brown Rice Bread.
2 Gluten Solutions Italian bread
4 GF Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread
1 Glutano ciniammon raisin
1 Kinnikinnick Kinni-Kwik bread & bun mix
1 Kinnikinnick tapioca sliced bread
7 Kinnikinnick White Sandwich bread
6 Manna from Anna bread mix
2 Montina bread mix
1 Sterks bread
2 Whole Foods GF Bakehouse Sandwich Bread

Recipes From Cook Books:
2 Carol Fenster's Gluten Free 101 cookbook. (standard, pumpernickel)
1 Bette Hagman's Tapioca Bread in "The Gluten-Free Gourmet - REVISED
edition."
1 Bette Hagman's GF Gourmet cooks Comfort Foods, it's the Sorghum Sandwich
bread, made with both yeast and sourdough mix.
Several personal recipes were also submitted

People also recommended the following ideas to make the bread more enjoyable:
Lightly toast the bread
Microwave the bread it
Microwave it in a zip lock bag for 20-40 seconds
Use tuna fish cans to create sandwich sized bread slices

People also recommended these alternatives to using bread for sandwiches:
(number indicates number of times suggested)
4 pancakes, sandwich style or rolled up
2 waffles, sandwich style
1 corn tortillas, rolled up
1 Gillians French rolls

Again, thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  We've new to the GF
lifestyle and all advice is definately appreciated.

Mat and family