From:
Perenpros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:32:05 EST

Take heart there are MANY of us have gained more weight than we would like to
have gained since going gluten free.  The responses were too numerous to post,
but I will summarize.

One group responded that they had good luck with Weightwatchers and had lost
weight.

Two people said to forget weight watchers and try the paleo diet. From what I
could gather,(no pun intended), It is a no carbo, high vegetable and meat
diet.  If you are interested, you could probably even incorporate this into
weight watchers.

I ended up going to weightwatchers and would highly recommend it.  I have
already lost two pounds.  It can be easily done as a Celiac.   For most of us
who can no longer eat eveything in sight, it is the way we should be eating.

The diet is basically high fiber -low fat.  It is based on a points system.
You can choose whatever foods you want and then assign them points.  You can
only eat a certain number of points a day.  It costs $13 a week, but you can
get a long term discount.

Any commercially prepared gluten free foods are very easy to incorporate,
because you just use the Nutrition facts on the package. I don't know how to
calculate the points for rice flour as a substitute for wheat flour.  Here is
what I ate the first two days:

Breakfast:  Waffle Heaven Waffle,banana, tangerine, decaf, glass of water.
Snack: Carrots and Celery
Lunch: Baked potato with broccoli,Salad -no dressing, tangerine
Snack: 15 Sesmark rice crackers slice of turkey and slice of lowfat cheese.
Dinner: Chicken breast , rice and beans, broccoli.

Breakfast: homemade salmon cheesecake(small slice),cantaloupe,decaf.
Lunch;(Hmm that cheesecake was pretty good) small slice of salmon cheescake
and strawberries
Snack or first supper:(I was hungry) 2 pieces of Food for Life bread with very
little cream cheese, carrots and celery
Dinner: stir fried rice and shrimp- smaller portion than usual
Snack: 4 Nature Valley rice bran crackers and herbal tea.

It feels very good to be in control of my eating and to eat what I should be
eating, ie fruits and veggies instead of carbs and fat.  I know you can all do
it.  Good luck, Diane Smith