Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:25:44 -0800

Jane Trevett wrote me, and I relayed the following to the group:
there is a new company called Menu Direct that has been spending two years
learning the gf diet and has come up with delicious, well-packaged, well
marked gluten-free meals including baked macaroni and cheese, chili and a
fantastic pizza shell.  They are working on soups, etc.,

        Menu Direct
        865 Centennial Ave.
        Piscataway, NJ  08854
        or call 1-732-980-6700
        They also have a web site which is:
http://www.menudirect.com

        I have had celiac for 34 years and have been concerned about what
kind of care I would get if I ever had to be hospitalized or put in a
nursing home for a prolonged period.  Now I am not worried.  I will insist
on Menu Direct.

Then I had these two interesting answers: -vance
I had two bad experiences with them.
First, I responded to an earlier request from MenuDirect to test their
products. After quite a while I called them to find out what the status was.
They said they were still getting their line together and that in the
meantime, they have dieticians who could address questions I might have.
Sounded good. Two different "dieticians" then listened to my gf questions and
both said they were very new at this and didn't really know about celiac! They
were supposed to call me back. Months later, I got a call at work, starting
out with, "Do you know why I'm calling?" I offered,"I guess to answer the
questions I asked," ...which I had long since forgotten. My guess was wrong.
The representative tried to buy my confidence by telling me she has celiac and
is a member of a relatively nearby support group and was calling to see if the
company could do anything for me. I told her I did not want to order anything
and that I couldn't continue the call, especially not from my busy place of
work. She became a rude, pushy, relentless telemarketer, insisting that as a
celiac patient herself, she wouldn't sell anything that tasted bad. Who
cares??

I've tried the GF meals at menu direct and they are great!  The english
muffin, especially, is outta this world.  They ship it overnite with dry ice
and great packaging.  They also have a free #  1-888-MENU-123.  Enjoy!