From:
Phillip Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:41:25 +1100

1. Before I was diagnosed celiac, I always had a low blood pressure,
which frequently went to quite low values, especially after ingesting
gluten in liquid form, e.g., beer. Since I've been on a gf diet, my
blood pressure has come up to normal values but I ahve had some fairly
dramatic drops fafter a gluten 'accident'.
2. There is no medical reason for celiacs especially to have flu
injections.
3. Megaloblastic anemia is a type of anemia characterised by the
presence of megaloblasts in the bone marrow. Vitamin B12 anemia is one
form of this (the other is folic acid anemia, the most commonly seen
type in celiac disease). Pernicious anemia is one form of vitamin B12
anemia in which lack of intrinsic factor in the stomach prevents
absorption of B12.
4. As a rule, animals completely break down ingested proteins before
resembling them into muscle. Therefore, meat usually does not retain
allergens or toxic proteins in the form in which they were eaten.
This is certainly true of gluten. Chicken and turkey (especially the
self-basting types) can, however, have gluten-containing products
introduced during processing.