From:
Liz Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 17:27:15 +0100

Hi List:

A recent summary re eating on airlines contained the quote "Peanuts are
peanuts and that is that".  I assume the author meant unroasted
unadulturated peanuts in which case s/he is correct.  However, it is
important to remember that this statement is not always true for roasted
peanuts as many dry-roasted brands, often served on airlines, contain wheat
flour and we must be careful to watch out for that, especially as this is
not always clear from the list of ingredients on the packet.

I just thought this should be clarified in case some listmembers,
particularly those newly diagnosed, might take the above quoted statement at
face value.

Take care,

Liz Ward,
Dublin, Ireland