From:
Lois Isenman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 22:21:38 EDT

Hello,

Below is the summary---Great thanks to all who added tidbits of knowledge.  I
have decided to rent apartments in both cities.  Besides helping with the
food issue, it seems to be somewhat more economical.

Lois in Boston

(By the way if interested in intuition-- you might check out my blog---
Intuition In-depth: Bridging  Science and Spirituality.  Last two posts are
on food and intuition---however not celiac focus.)

 Click here: INTUITION IN-DEPTH  ) or http://intuition-indepth.blogspot.com.

********************
********************
*******************
We did a Vantage riverboat tour a few years ago that started in Budapest and
we were there a day. I used the attached Hungarian translated restaurant card
with great success in the hotel and in a restaurant on a street.  Good luck.

Janet Rinehart, ChairmanHouston Celiac Support Group

(I have attached it to this email as well---Lois)
I found the contact information of the coeliac societies (two for the Czech
Republic and one for Hungary). I am sure they can help.

Czech Republic International activities
Address: Mrs. Miloslava Stejskalova Prazského 601/28CZ-152 00 Praha 5 - CZECH
REPUBLIC
Telephone: +420 2 51682650
Fax: +420 2 51682650
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Czech Republic
Address: Sdruzenì celiaku Ceské republiky P.O. Box 20 CZ – 252 63 Roztoky -
e-mail: [log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]
web: www.celiac.cz
www.volny.cz/coeliac

Hungary
Address: Liszterzekenyek Erdekkpviseletenek - Orszagos Egyesulete, Palanta
U.11H - 1025 Budapest - HUNGARY
Telephone: +36 1 438 02 33
Fax: +36 1 326 0770
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web: www.liszterzekeny.hu

Regards,
Maria Paola
Munich, Germany
*****************
websites quite helpful---actually two gluten-free pizzarias in Prague!
*****************
Our son Alex spent six weeks in Prague two summers ago - and loved it! There
are actually two places in Prague with GF  - one is a vegetarian cafe, the
other a Buddhist restaurant. I don't remember the names off hand, but I found
them via a Google search at the time. He said the food was excellent.

Have a fab trip!

My daughter Marnie (in NYC) was in Prague a number of years ago, as a new
Celiac then, on her vacation during her "third year abroad". She gave me direction
s to her travel log book and the restaurant she raved about in Prague was the
Parka Restaurant, RIGHT under the Charles Bridge. She said it was "awesome,
beautiful views, delicious food, good service". I think it is one of the nicer
restaurants in Prague so may be a little pricey but it sounded very worth it!

Have a great trip! Bev, outside Chicago.