From:
Mike Lodico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 23:42:33 EST

had done an interview with MTV in the summer of 2000. It is quite obvious
that Joey had a severe case of CD. Hopefully there are not as many Celiacs
who struggle as much as Joey had. The reality is that many in the medical
community do not manage Celiacs Disease very well. The positive side of this
is that many young people may stop and ask what is Celiacs Disease?  My
brother called me the day after he read the article and wanted to know how to
get tested.   Looking at Joey's outcome there is a strong chance these facts
are correct. Below I have Included Joey C's statement from MTV.com.

Joe C. described his daily routine during an interview with MTV News' John
Norris this summer.

"I'm doin' good, man," Calleja said. "I'm stickin' to my diet and takin' my
medicine on time. You know, it's ridiculous. I take 60 pills [a day]. Right
off the bat, when I wake up, [I take] two pills. An hour later, 10 pills.
Three hours later, I've got the tube [in my stomach], and I shoot something
through there three hours later. Two hours later, I take two more, and then
an hour later, 10, then shoot the tube three hours later [again]."