From:
Amanda Hayward-Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 17:14:53 -0400

Hi,

Yesterday I talked to a representative at Penzeys spices (414) 679-7207. She
informed me that out of the over 250 herbs, spices and spice blends that
they carry (catalogue available on request), only one (the Taco seasoning)
contains gluten. They grind all their own spices except Sumac (which is
ground by another company with added salt) and make all their own blends.
They never use any agent to facilitate easier grinding, never dust the
conveyor belts with starch of any kind, and add no anti caking, or free flow
agents to any herb spice or blend. This is great news for Celiacs! I have no
affiliation with this company, but I have ordered many spices from them and
am a very satisfied customer. As an added bonus their prices are very
reasonable, lower than most supermarket brands, and the products are very
high quality. I particularly recommend the Adobo seasoning!

Cheers

Amanda
Amanda Hayward-Lester Ph.D
Mooseker Lab, Dept of Biology