From:
"Victor J. Samuel Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1996 16:16:58 -0600

        I respect differing opinions and don't wish to force mine
on anyone else- just state it: I believe support groups are a very
positive help to Celiacs regardless of how long they've experienced
the disease. Not everyone spends their time discussing unfortunate
circumstances that result from gluten consumption. Guest speakers
give forth the latest information available (and yes, that is also
available on the internet at times). Food recipes and items are shared.
If you taste something you don't like, you won't waste your time preparing
it. If you taste something you do like, you can actively seek the recipe
and prepare it in the future yourself. Tips on local establishments that
cater to our individual needs are shared. Items readily available at local
health stores are discussed and time can be saved in researching yourself.
Talking with individuals with like problems is helpful when you find out
locally how they cope. The list of positives to me seems endless!
        Printed materials and computer access is also helpful, but nothing
replaces the human touch and comaraderie!
       It is also nice to help others who don't have as much info as you do.
                -Just my oponion.      Lynn in Omaha