From:
Sarah Bauermeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 06:36:41 -0500

Hi there

I have been GF  for 9 months, 6 of those months, I was pregnant.  Now that
I have had the baby, I am noticing the size of my stomach more.  During the
day, it just gets bigger and bigger.  I am thin, (100lb),5ft5., so I really
notice it.  By the time I go to bed, my stomach is huge, towards the top,
so much so that I can feel the sausage shape lump of my stomach, all hard
and full.  It seems as if all the food during the day just collects here
and does not go down.  By morning, it is down and gone.  Under advice from
my husband, I started liquidising all my food.  So, I eat stewed peeled
fruit for breakfast, soup/stew for the rest of the day.  The only solid
food I eat are little pancakes made from chickpea flour.  Last night, I was
so hungry after a day out that I ate two beef steaks and two lamb steaks
and my stomach was sore and hard when I went to bed.  This morning it was
fine.

Has anyone experienced this?  If so, why is this happening and when will I
be able to tolerate lumpy food again?  I am not a diagnosed Celiac, I know
I am celiac and I am waiting for blood tests back.  I can not eat corn,
rice, nuts, yeast and dairy as well as the gluten.

Thanks again for all your advice.

Sarah Bauermeister