From:
Shelley Case <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shelley Case <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:16:07 -0600

Canada announced major changes to food labelling laws that will require
major food allergens and gluten sources to be declared. I am a member of the
Advisory Board of the Canadian Celiac Association and we (along with other
groups) have been working very hard for the past 10 years to lobby for this
legislation to be passed. We are also excited to be partnering with Health
Canada on 2 celiac research studies. Note the 2nd last paragraph of the
release about celiac disease studies. Here is the link for the press
release.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media/nr-cp/_2008/2008_117-eng.php

Shelley Case, B. Sc., RD
Case Nutrition Consulting, www.glutenfreediet.ca