From:
Shirley Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shirley Curtis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 12:11:08 -0500

Southern Arizona Celiac Support Group invites you to attend a lecture
presented by Alessio Fasano, MD
Saturday, January 15, 2005 at 10:00 a.m.
University Medical Center – College of Pharmacy - The Auditorium – (room
325)

Dr. Fasano is regarded as one of the foremost authorities worldwide on
Celiac Disease, and his epidemiological studies in the United States have
changed the preconception that Celiac Disease is a rare disorder in our
country.

An accomplished biomedical scientist and educator, Dr. Fasano is currently
Professor of Pediatrics and Director of the Mucosal Biology Research
Center and Center for Celiac Research at the University Of Maryland School
Of Medicine where he concomitantly holds the rank of Professor of
Physiology and Professor of Medicine.  Dr. Fasano originally came to the
University of Maryland Baltimore and to the School of Medicine in 1990 as
Research Assistant Professor in the Center for Vaccine Development.  He
rose to the rank of Professor in six years, reflecting both the
extraordinary energy which he brings to his work and the seminal
discoveries which have emanated from his laboratory.

We are particularly anxious to have medical professionals in attendance as
Dr. Fasano will be speaking about new discoveries in the diagnosis of
Celiac Disease, which is, as we all know, the most under-diagnosed
condition in America.

For more complete information and downloadable fliers and maps, see our
website at:
http://www.southernarizonaceliacsupport.org/