From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:34:33 -0500

Hi, thanks to all who replied to my request for xanthan gum.  I found a
few sources and they are :

Bobs Red Mill   (under supervision by the Va'ad in Baltimore, MD)
Ener-G            Kof-K
Miss Roben's

I'll be glad to be able to bake better foods at my daughter's school and
to be more kosher at home.

I had numerous request for recipes for Hamentaschen  (triangle shaped
cookies traditionally eaten at the Jewish holiday of Purim which is
coming soon).  I will post my recipes ASAP.  There were recipes posted
to the list last year so I'm sure that they are available through the
archives.  I'v found that most any recipe will work with the addition of
a little xanthan gum.  I do not roll them out, I just make little balls
and flatten them out, fill and then pinch shut.

I did receive one recipe that calls for no xanthan gum and I will pass
it on if  people wish.   Thanks again,    Larissa