Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 11:37:29 +0100

I feel I want to give my thoughts about this.

Someone said that "Anyone who says they actually like this diet must be nuts!"

Well, then I am nuts! : ) Ok, life would be easier without this diet but I
feel so much better than I have felt in all my life so I don't care!
Have to say I eat as I used to do but without gluten, I eat bread, pizza,
cakes and most other eatable stuff. The only thing I miss is a decent pasta
but that doesen't bother me too much sice I love jasmine rice I eat that.....

As for cooking dinner, no problems there either!  The rest of the family eats
whatever I am eating except for the bread and pasta.........  I cook the same
food I did before i got the diagnose I have just eliminated gluten.

I have been to restaurants many times, here in Sweden, Germany, France,
Holland and Belgium I didn't have any problems and I had some delicious
meals!  I don't think it has to be difficult to be on this diet!  We make it
into what we want as with many other things in life.  I choose to see it as
not difficult and tries to be positive about it, for me it is more of a
challenge to make dinner and cakes wich tastes just as those I used to do!

All cakes I do now are GF, since I am the one making the cake I think it
would be silly to make one I can't eat!

I have now been GF for about nine months and I feel so great!  In the
beginning it was hard, so much to learn!!!  But now, I am doing fine, being
greatful I finally find out what the problem was I actually have a life now!
I haven't even had a gluten "accident" in months!  And I have been buying GF
pizza at a restaurant, had gf sandwiches at a caf, eaten cookies - having a
great time!

That's all I wanted to say!  it doesn't have to be difficult , depressing and
hard to be celiac!  :  ) Hang in there, educate people you meet about Celiac
- that's the best way to get people aware of our problems and maybe they can
do something to make it easier for us!

Anna M