From:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Sokolowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 14:58:37 -0500

I am an old timer on this list....over 17 years.  When I was sent to an ALLERGIST..not a gastro to find out why my blood sugars were not under control [pills were bound with wheat].  She listened to my story and said that she was sure I was a classic celiac and altho she COULD send me for tests, didn't see the value of it since there are not meds.  She said....'TRY THE DIET...IF IT WORKS YOU ARE CELIAC".  Great advice.  She wasn't thrilled with the labs since many mds OWN THE LABS and it is a money making venture for them.  Plus, there are so many false negatives, you cannot be sure.  So..just do the diet.