From:
Goldrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 00:00:37 -0700

I'm afraid that I really dragged my feet on this one, so I apologize.  I
finally called the company and found out that the 'natural flavors' in
Knudsen's is grain based alcohol.  The good news is that the grain is corn.
The woman I spoke with in Product Development, Ellen Castlebury, said that
their suppliers sign a document stating that their 'grain based alcohol' is
gluten free.  Ms. Castlebury knew about Celiac disease or she at least did
her homework before calling me back -  I had left her a detailed message.

So, keep enjoying!  I've now tried the Light Spritzers too and they are very
good.  Even the light version has a lot of calories, so I try to limit my
intake.  I'm not one of the skinny celiacs; I'm more on the plump side.

Thank you for your responses.  To summarize: Several people gave me advice
on searching the Web, some had already found the Web site and they passed
along the URL, and some just wanted to know what I would find out since
they'd been drinking the spritzers for a while without any adverse
reactions.  I've included the responses from the latter category...

"I have been drinking them all along with no problems that I can tell.  They
are very good and good for you as well."

"I have no answer on the Knudsen Spritzers, but when you have one...please
let me know! They are good, especially since it's getting hot."

"I have been drinking Knudsens without any problems and I'm very sensitive,
i.e.  I can't have the Whole Foods brands even though they are supposed to
be GF!  I checked the celiac archives and found out that Knudsen's is GF.  I
would like to find out about After the Fall sodas, but haven't been able to
find anything."

"I would appreciate hearing about whether or not Knudsen Spritzers are gf.
I have tried them, especially the Root Beer, but am a bit wary."

I apologize again for being so slow in getting back to you, but no doubt you
can understand how life gets in the way of one's plans sometimes.
Anyway...enjoy the spritzers.

Valerie