Date:
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:12:44 EDT

Last month I asked for advise about the Disney Cruise and received  many
helpful responses.  Well, we just returned from the cruise and the  best word to
describe the food experience for my teenage son is AMAZING!! I  loved seeing
his eyes light up every night at dinner when they brought him his  own dinner
rolls (which were fantastic - yes I had to taste one) and the main  dish - lets
say he made his mom proud and ate everything on his plate!

The first day we arrived we went to a buffet lunch.  There are Disney  staff
members everywhere, so I asked who I could talk to about the items on the
buffet.  The chef came out and walked the buffet line with us.  By the  time we
got to the end, my sons plate was full and I had to get back in line  because I
forgot to fill my own plate.

Each night for dinner we went to a different restaurant and we had the  same
waiter/server each night.  He assured me from the 1st night that they  take
food intolerances very seriously and will take good care of us.  My  son, Kenny,
would pick an item from the menu and the chef would prepare it for  him.  The
best night was the 1st when they brought out a rack of BBQ  ribs - I thought
I was going to cry when I saw Kenny's face light up.

Breakfast was a great experience also.  They brought out gluten free
pancakes one morning, but Kenny's favorite was the ham &  cheese  omelet.  He could
also eat the bacon and sausage.  For  lunch he could have the hamburgers or
hotdogs that they served by the  pool.

We had arranged for a side trip when the boat docked in Nassau.  I asked
about taking a bag lunch for Kenny and the head waiter said we  were not allowed
to take their food off of the ship.  I had  brought some snacks for Kenny (you
can bring them onboard as long as they are  sealed/unopened),  so I put them
in a backpack before we left the  boat.

We also got off the boat at Disney's private island and the food there was
fine also - he could have the hamburger, hotdog - they did have bbq chicken,
but  I didn't inquire about it being gluten free.

The whole experience was amazing!!!