Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:55:35 -0500

Thanks, everyone for the support, suggestions and good wishes -the lymph nodes have returned to normal!!!!!  My doc thinks it was just my immune system fighting infection. I'm on my second dose of antibiotics, and think my symptoms are gone;  we'll see when I'm off them.

The following is of interest:

 I get those.  I can't find my reference book right now, but I think it was
authored by Dr. Wright.  He advises iodine.  I find kelp to be adequate
(this is, if you don't have DH).  I always balance kelp with selenium and
Vitamin A.  This is, if you don't have an underlying infection.

My mother is in the process of dealing with a recurring
UTI that refused to respond to medication for ten (now
nearly 12) months....turns out that she had/has three
HUGE kidney stones

Make sure the doctor cultures your urine for the UTI, as many of the ecoli strains which cause these infections are now antibiotic resistant. THEN, take vitamin E, drink a glass of cranberry juice each day, and begin taking L-glutamine plus acidophilus.  Work up to at least 2 acidophilus per day.

If you find out what causes this and how to get them to go down please let
me know. I've had problems with one under my arm for 15 years now. It seems
to get worse when I accidently get gluten. The doctors have done ultra
sounds and xrays to make sure it wasn't cancer and nothing shows up. My
doctor tells me it's just a lymph node reacting to contamination in my
system. Sounds crazy, but I'm now sure it's not cancer since I would not of
lived 15 years with it.
Cranberry juice will usually clear up a UTI pretty quick.  Drink 1 or 2
liters a day for a few days.  The swollen nodes indicate that the body's
lymph system is filtering a lot of stuff--toxins, bacteria, whatever--out of
your system, often happens with an infection.  So the extra liquids from the
cranberry juice will also help with that.

It might also be related to an underlying overgrowth of candida, but I don't
really know too much about that.