From:
Lisa S Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 19:36:44 EST

Last Passover I was discussing the matzoh ball dilemma (or k'neilach, as
we always called them) w/my mom. She mentioned in passing that she knew
some women who used Cream of Wheat cereal instead of the more traditional
matzoh meal. I decided to try this, with a cream of RICE type cereal. The
results were EXCELLENT. They really tasted and felt right.

This is a small recipe. No reason it couldn't be doubled.

1/2 C Cream of Rice (type) cereal (not sure of gf status of C of R)
pinch salt
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 TBL oil

Mix these ingredients and cover the bowl. Let rest in the fridge for at
least 20 minutes. With wet or oiled hands, form into small balls and drop
into boiling water or soup. Boil, covered, for 35-45 minutes.