From:
D Van Olst <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D Van Olst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:54:51 -0500

Hello everyone, I thought I would pass this information on because, when I
looked for GF info on the archives here for Fisherman's Friend cough
lozenges, I found the info outdated (1998).  Since then, the ingredient list
now contains unspecified 'dextrin' and since they are manufactured overseas,
and since I'd had symptoms, I thought I'd investigate.  I'm happy to say
that they ARE gluten-free still.  The dextrin is derived from tapioca - see
below. ~D

Subject: FW: FISHERMAN'S FRIEND - GLUTEN FREE INFORMATION

Dear Dawn,

Thanks for your questions to the Fisherman’s Friend website which were
forwarded to our attention as the Canadian distributor this morning.

In answer to your questions:

1)       All Fisherman’s Friend throat lozenges are 100% gluten free. They
do not contain and none of their ingredients are derived from any wheat,
rye, oat, barley or similar gluten containing ingredients.

2)       The crystal gum (dextrin) ingredient contained in some of the
lozenges is sourced from tapioca starch and is not sourced from wheat.

Yours truly,

Stewart Schneider
TFB & Associates Limited
Canadian Distributors for FISHERMAN’S FRIEND