From:
Sheryl Sawyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 22:46:44 EDT

Listies in Southern Ontario:

Just wanted those of you in the Hamilton area to know about the last day of
the Horn of Plenty's Gluten-Free Fair.  One of the managers, (actually, I
think she owns it!), Denise, was very helpful.

Horn of Plenty has GREATLY increased their gluten-free product lines.
They're now carrying a brand called "Life Without Wheat", out of Toronto.  I
sampled their lemon pound loaf, (WOW!!!), and a few cookies, etc.  As well, I
was delighted to see that they now carry garfava flour, four flour mix and
sorghum flour for those of you who'd like to try some of the recipes in Bette
Hagman's or Carole Fenster's newest books.

The "Gluten-Free Fair" has been running for a couple of days now.  Tomorrow
is the last day.  Basically, there are lots of goodies to sample and a
wonderful focus on celiac disease.   I find Denise, (I believe she's one of
the owners), to be very helpful and sensitive to our needs as celiac
households.

I have absolutely no financial interest in this company.  I'm just glad to be
able to help support a shop with such a good attitude toward us GF-ers!

Cheers!

Sheryl Sawyer
Cayuga, Ontario CANADA

p.s. Horn of Plenty is located at 24 King Street West, Dundas.  Their phone
number is (905) 627-9980.  I tried to find a website for them, but to no
avail.