From:
Leslie Ament <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leslie Ament <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:49:04 -0500

Judith:

Happened to me before as well...needed Vicodin for pain after surgery and
NONE of the local pharmacies were helpful at all.

Suggestion?  Ask the doctor BEFORE surgery what they will prescribe for
post op and do the research beforehand.

btw--Most TEVA generics are GF AND if you open the drug casing and read the
ingredients, you can usually tell if it contains gluten.  At CVS, when they
refuse or don't know what to do, I usually ask them to open the med and
give me the insert and stand there reading it in front of them.  It helps
them learn and lets me check out the ingredients before purchasing.

Also--My doctor now ALWAYS puts "Gluten Free Ingredients ONLY" on all
of my prescriptions so
that the pharmacists can substitute. Many times they will say that
they have the right to fill brand name
drugs with generics, but this ensures they have to substitute ONLY
gluten free meds or fill the prescription with the brand specified.

Best of luck,

--
Leslie Ament
Hypatia Research Group