Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:38:47 -0600

>I just received Bette Hagman's newest book, "The Gluten-free Gourmet Cooks
>Fast and Healthy." In the back she has a listing of sources for GF products.
>She listed a website (www.kinnikinnick.com), which looks fantastic, but I
>hadn't heard anyone on the list mention it before. Has anyone tried it, and if
>so, were you pleased?

I had been meaning to send this out to the list, esp. for any newbies out
there ... Last week, I placed an order with kinnikinnick ... I very hesitantly
ordered just one of a few things, and really did not expect much in the
way of quality. Kind of that too-good-to-be-true feeling ...

Well, <drool gland on> Saturday morning my yummy ya-yas arrived ...
It took every ounce of self-restraint to not sit on the floor like a
trick-or-treating 5-year old and shove it all in my gullet at once ...

Thus far:

*The rice crispy squares are yummy.
*The glutano pretzels are also yummy, very "normal" tasting,
no "well, for rice flour it ain't bad" kind of justification. Just
plain good.
*The Cinnamon buns were sticky and gooey and just like
grandma used to make. I did get a little piggy here and
had 2 in one sitting  -- bit of a sugar buzz and I shan't
do that again.
*The chocolate-covered donut that was my breakfast
this morning was awesome. It smelled like a dunkin'
donut and tasted like a dunkin donut  ... thankfully
the cinnamonbuns pudgy lesson was a good one,
and I managed to just eat one donut today.

The un-chomped on food looks and smells good -- including
'heat-n-serve' cheesey breadsticks, corn muffin mix,
angle food cake mix, pizza crusts and cream of mushroom soup.

No fiscal connection with the company, just a drooly
happy donut-chompin customer ...

Tracey in Connecticut   GF lodging:  http://www.innseekers.com/feature.htm