From:
Cindy Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 06:46:00 -0500

Hi everyone, I had a weird experience yesterday and was wondering if I
was alone on this.  It'd be nice to hear that I'm not crazy.  I
interviewed at a hospital in Dallas where I was born and where I spent
alot of time sick as a child with GI  problems no one could explain and
urinary tract  problems that were treated with urethral dilatation under
general anetesthesia.  Upon seeing the lobby of the old hospital, I was
engulfed with memories, and it hit me like a ton of bricks.  On the way
home I stopped at a restaurant and was so tired and hungry I ate a bite
of rice then looked at it good and it was contaminated with something
else (a buffet-type restaurant- my bad) and have been suffering ever
since.

The thing is I remember as a child feeling like I must be going to die
of this feeling that the doctors can't explain, and realize as an adult
the feeling is still there.  Wow.  No wonder depression goes along with
celiac/sprue.  So I'm onto clear liquids again and eating only what I
can make myself for awhile, and have again a renewed sense of how
important it is to stay GF at all costs, and also now it's time to take
care of that scared little girl.

Thanks for being there ya'll.  Cindy in Texas, soon to be in Seattle.