From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 8 May 2004 08:22:58 -0700

Following is a summary of gf pancake recipes:

-Use 1/3 cup teff, 1/3 potato starch and 1/3 tapioca, 1 teaspoon baking
powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt.  Mix 2 eggs, a tablespoon canola
oil, 1 cup yogurt or dairy substitute.   They need to cook a bit slower then
regular pancakes.  If you really want them to be good separate the eggs and
mix in the yolks to the yogurt and oil.  Beat the whites stiff and fold them
in.
--------------------------------
1 banana
1 egg
2 T Bette Hagman's Light Bean Flour Mix
Pinch salt - approx. 1/16 teaspoon
Dash baking powder - approx. 1/8 teaspoon (optional)
Pinch baking soda - approx. 1/16 teaspoon (optional)
Pam

Heat small non-stick skillet on med-high heat.  Mash banana in a small
bowl.  Add all other ingredients; mix well.  Spray skillet with Pam and
add pancake mixture.  Turn heat down to medium.

Cook pancake until bubbles form in pancake, and then burst.  The bottom
of the pancake will be dark brown.  Flip pancake and cook until that
side browns.  Serve with maple syrup or jam.
-------------------------------

The best pancakes that I have found are made with Pamela's Pancake
and Baking Mix.  They are delicious and easy to make.  The mix
contains rice, tapioca, almond flours and I don't think any of your
offending ingredients.  There are lots of recipes on her website
using the mix.  It is a great staple to have.
http://www.pamelasproducts.com
------------------------------

Buy the Hodgson Mills Buckwheat Flour and use the recipe on the box.  It
makes delicious buckwheat pancakes and/or waffles.
--------------------------------

Check this website:  http://www.scdrecipe.com/index.html
--------------------------------

I use the pancake recipes in the Joy of Cooking--particularly the basic,
the buttermilk (substituting half plain yogurt, half water for the
buttermilk), and the two buckwheat recipes. The only changes I make are
substituting whatever gf flours I fancy for the wheat flour. No xanthan
gum, no other strange additives or modifications necessary. They cook best
in an electric skillet heated to 350, but any good non-stick frying pan,
lightly oiled, will do.
------------------------------

Easy pancake mixŠ
Some recipes require "exact" measurements, while others are more forgivingŠ
This is an 'about' recipe  Lieven
Mix: 1 1/4 c. rice flour       1 1/2 baking powder
               1 Tbs. sugar            1/2 tsp. salt
Add:   2 Tbs. oil      1 egg        1 c. milk

For camping--Mix 1/3 c. dry milk w/ dry ingred. Increase oil to 3-4 Tbs.
oil, mixing into dry ingredients--hands work best. Measure  ~3/4 c. in  zip
lock bags for individual servings.

To use--Add 1 egg (or powdered egg to mix) & enough water ~1/3 c. to make
batter.  Cook pancakes (or scramble) in teflon frypan.  No need to grease
pan.
Lieven Boys Chocolate pancakes-  Add a pkg. of  cocoa mix when mixingŠ
----------------------------

Ricotta Pancakes
·   1 cup ricotta cheese
·   3 eggs
·   2 T oil
·   1/3 c flour
·   2 t honey
·   1/4 t salt
·   butter for frying

·   Combine all ingredients in a blender jar and blend until smooth, about
five min., scraping the sides of the jar as needed. Or sieve the cheese into
a bowl.
·   Beat in the remaining ingredients until smooth.
·   Fry 3" cakes on a well-buttered surface on med. heat; turning when
bubbles appear.
·   Serve at once with honey or jam.
Recipe submitted by J.B. on 12/14/98

http://www.geocities.com/webcipes/break/r4245.html