From:
Gwynneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:33:59 -0500

An accidental recipe. (I'm a bit of a clutz in the kitchen)It's simple,
but works wonderfully.

3/4 cup White Rice Flour (just regular, not mochiko--aka sweet rice)
3/4 cup Plain Sparkling Spring Water ( I used Poland Springs)
Pinch of salt
Dash of GF cajun seasonings (Optional)
Unsweetened, flaked coconut

Mix rice flour and sparkling water together.  (It should be runny, a bit
thicker than pancake batter.  Adjust it to work for you).  Add salt,
cajun seasoning.  Stir.

Coat any of the following:

Chicken pieces cut into strips
Sweet Potatoes (cut up like steak fries--these were the best!!)
Thick slices of onions
Green Beans

anything you can think of....(I also did slices of apple, which I dipped
in maple syrup afterward)

After coating with batter, roll in the coconut.  Deep fry in peanut oil
until golden brown.  Drain and serve with your favourite sauce or
condiment. (I made a tasty quick sauce using Bragg's Liquid Aminos,
honey, GF vinegar, a small bit of GF ketchup, and toasted sesame oil.
Just mix ingredients to your taste)

Definetly not diet food.  But, once in a while won't hurt?

Gwynneth in Boston