From:
"Aimee M. Bittinger" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:17:35 -0800

I was wondering down the aisle of Bread and Circus today and in the Pamela's
cookies section there was an addition to the usual flavors- Oatmeal Raisin.
I almost bought a pack -they looked delicious- when after a second I
realized -wait- OATS aren't gluten free! Inside the usually safe exterior of
Pamela's box was a celiac's nightmare. I noticed they did say wheat-free and
not gluten-free but I am wondering why the company branched out to include
oats. Is it because of the new theory that oats really do not have gluten?
Or has this variety always been out there and just new to my supermarket?

****But the real question is:
Are the other cookies gluten-free now that glutinous items are manufactured
by Pamela's?

Are they on the same belt as the "gluten-free" ones?

I am going to call Pamela's as soon as regular business hours resume but
until then I just wanted to vent and brief you all on the situation.
-Aimee