Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 10:29:11 -0700

Things on this list rarely seem to have a bright side, so I thought I'd
send this:

Advantages of being Celiac:

1. Gets you off junk food - especially pizza.

2. When your aunt Mildred offers you some of her home-canned string-beans,
you can say: No, thanks, I can't eat that - instead of: Gee, I'm afraid it
might have botulism.

3. You have a built-in excuse to get out of going to those rubber chicken
banquets, company picnics and potluck dinners.

4. You'll eventually live longer and perhaps healthier: I've heard docs say
that if you want to live a long life, have something wrong with you and
follow the diet carefully.

5. Makes you smarter because you are forced to learn a lot to survive.

6. Makes you more literate because you read and research so much. And this
often leads other interesting places.

7. Teaches you not to believe everything you read. If you believe
everything you read, don't read.

8. Stimulates creativity: especially if you cook. You can't just rely on
other peoples' recipes without making your own changes.

9. Improves your verbal abilities when you try to explain to non-celiacs
just what your problem is.

10. Sometimes it's a way to lose weight.

11. Teaches you trust, since you must depend on what others cook for you.

12. You meet new friends, on the internet and at GF picnics.

And remember: No good deed goes unpunished. Do em anyway. -vance