From:
Joan Van Loozenoord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:46:43 -0600

I received only 2 responses to my post on Subway food being contaminated by
bread crumbs.  I assume that means that most of you do not attempt to eat at
Subway.

One person who lives in Denver reported that she had a good experience at a
Subway in Boulder (near 36 and Broadway), but bad experiences at other
Subways.  She didn't say what it was that she ordered.

The other person who responded said that they have been frequenting Subway
for the last year with no symptoms.  They order only the roasted chicken
breast salad and tongs are used to put the chicken on the salad.  I assume
that means that the salads were prepared ahead of time.  Just a reminder
that "no symptoms" doesn't necessarily mean the food was gluten free.

I will check in to their salads the next time I am with a group who wants to
eat at Subway, rather than attempt to have them make a salad from the food
on the line..

Thanks.

Joan Van Loozenoord
Denver, Colorado