Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:16:57 -0700

The recent posts about eczema have prompted me to post about skin
conditions. I have recently been bothered by an itchy, scaly rash so I
decided to 'look it up' and find out what it is.

From reading about symptoms and looking at photos, at www.webmd.com and
other medical sites, it turns out I probably have psoriasis, not eczema,
and not DH.

Eczema - The most common type of eczema is known as atopic dermatitis,
or atopic eczema. Atopic refers to a group of diseases with an often
inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma
and hay fever.

Psoriasis - psoriasis is considered an autoimmune disease - your own
immune system malfunctions and attacks normal body tissues. Psoriasis
can also cause psoriatic arthritis, which leads to pain and swelling in
the joints.

Interesting. Yet another autoimmune disease.

Janice.