From:
Paige Tschebykin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 09:45:36 -0400

I have been struggling over the past two months since my diagnosis.  Although
this listing has been extremely helpful, I am finding that my body is often
confused and uncooperative.

Once I had been gluten free for a month, I decided to test my body.  I wanted
to know exactly what would happen if I accidently ingested some gluten.  (The
test was performed so that I could judge the time frame and severity of my
reaction.)  I am a professional who travels often and must eat out a
considerable amount of the time.  I wanted to see what would happen if the
restaurant messed up.  Anyway, I first tested with a grilled chicken from
McDonalds.  I ate the entire bun and NOTHING!!!  I have tested other fast
food buns with the same reaction, NOTHING!!  But, if I accidentally eat a
bite of mustard or get some salad dressing with gluten in it, my throat
starts burning and my reaction is horrible.  Is there any logical explanation
for this?  Is it possible that I am allergic to one kind of gluten and not
the others?  I am very confused.

I would really appreciate any advice or similar stories.  Thanks.

Paige  email: [log in to unmask]