From:
"Chris_R_CD @hotmail.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris_R_CD @hotmail.com
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 19:48:45 -0600

Thank you to all who responded to my request regarding the gluten free
status of these two drugs.  I'm still new to Celiac.  Everyone said that
Toprol was gf.  Most said KDur was also gf, but not all potassium meds are
gf, so be careful.  Talking with my pharmacist today, my reaction of
diarrhea may have been caused by the potassium itself and not a gluten
ingestion.  I also had abdominal cramping and feeling bad for the next 12
hours, so I'm not so certain it was just the potassium.  I'm still trying to
figure it out.  Other suggestions included contacting the manufacturers, but
at the time of my initial question and posting, I did not know who made the
drugs.

Some suggested looking at www.glutenfreedrugs.com, but I have a real problem
with that site.  As far as I can tell, there isn't a date indicating the
last time it was updated, nor an indication of who "owns" this website.  I
have also discovered that there are several meds listed that are definitely
NOT gf.  So I tend to not consult this website for information, as I don't
feel that it is credible.  Any thoughts?