From:
Joan K. Davitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 21:47:40 -0500

Dear Listmates,

Here is my summary of the responses so far. The vast majority say that
this is a definite problem to be concerned with. 13 responded that it is
a problem and that the non-gf partner should brush teeth or rinse mouth
before kissing. Another 8 of you said that it is a problem but didn't
really offer any solutions. one or two suggested that it was a problem
and that wiping one's mouth should help (i.e., getting rid of crumbs
that might stick in a mustache/bread). Other suggestions included making
sure that the non-celiac partner uses GF toothpaste and lipstick/lip
balm, not sharing drinks with someone who is currently eating non-GF
food, and waiting for some time after the meal/snack. One person
suggested that I should test my theory again to be sure and if I get a
reaction the second time, then I could enlist some of the above
remedies. And only one person suggested that it is not a problem at all.
Thank you all for your information and for your reassurance that I am
not crazy, well at least not on this issue! :-) joan ardmore. PA