From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:54:40 -0700

Hi Celiacphiles,

I hope someone can learn through my mistake. I ate dry mustard from the
bulk section of the food store and remembered (too late) the Safe and
Forbidden List at www.celiac.com:

The following items may or may not contain gluten depending on where and
how they are made, and it is sometimes necessary to check with the
manufacturer to find out:
Mustard Powder 4
4) Can utilize a gluten-containing grain or by-product in the manufacturing
process, or as an ingredient.

 From another site I found:
    * Mustard Powder (check with manufacturer, Coleman's is not gluten free)
I have most of the celiac symptoms back and have been sick for almost a
week. I remember some of the gluten mistake remedies: wine, bananas, ginger
tea, peppermint tea.... Are there any more that I need to know about, please?

Celiac best,
Susan