From:
Amy Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 22:51:11 -0700

With a little gentle nudging from those close to me (you know who you
are...) I went to my Doctor today and boy did I get an earfull.  He
requested the following tests: (poss gluten - poss parasites - poss
glandular something - who knows what else)

Blood work:

Health Screen 2 Smack CBC
Hypothyroid profile
FSH hormone levels
Reumatoid profile
Candida antibody                                               Help Martha!

Tests:

Functional detoxification profile standard
Intestinal permeability
Diarrhea CDSA
CPXI Random

Short summary - diarrhea as long as I can remember since early teens
(everyone keeps asking if traveled out of US recently - I did at about 11
years old- when this might have begun).  Cronic Fatique - Fibromyalgia - TMJ
- Arthritis in my back - joint pain - severe sleep apnea (200 events an hour
- 40 seconds of holding breath) - carpel tunnel - Irritable Bowel Syndrome -
Systemic Candida - Leaky Gut - Severe alergies - urethra closed up at one
time resulting in urine not exiting properly - cronic infections - repeated
antibiotics - lactose intolerant - gluten intolerant - prone to cysts and
boils - cronic vaginal yeast infections - rectal itching - cronic cronic
skin fungus for 30 years (cleared up with a yeast free gluten free diet) -
itching itching itching - psycological problems - abdominal pains - losing
muscle tone - obese - crave sugar and fats (protein?) and yeasts - X ray
treatments at 2 weeks old for enlarged thymus - severe ear ringing -
disorientation occasionally (foggy brain?) - memory problems - reproductive
problems...

Mothers' history - MS - bedridden - diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic (prob
sp) - bowel obstructions and colostomy...1st cousin diagnosed gluten
intolerant as a child went gluten free for a few years normal now (maybe...).

So if you got this far...I'm really cute...have a great personality and am
not nearly as bad as this sounds.  And a result of many nutritional changes
many of these mentioned above are a thing of the past.  I am now putting
things together that were "normalized" before.  And I'm putting this out
there for any feedback and/or suggestions about something that might have
resonated with your experiences or knowledge.  If there is some component we
might be missing please get back with me - or if you have any insight on
something else that we might look at or do please feel free to write!

I am so incredibly grateful for this list - the encouragement, support and
information I get from all of you - for myself as well as my family.  And
the delightful connections I have made as a result.  That's what life is
really about - being connected...

Thanks again!

Amy

still in you know where...