From:
Lynn Rainwater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 15:39:10 -0500

Are you newly diagnosed with celiac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis
and looking for a support group to find out more about your disease and
its treatment? Or are you a new member of our group who has lots of
questions about dealing with the gluten-free diet?

We have a program at our quarterly meeting on Monday night that you
shouldn't miss: "What is this thing called CD?" Taped from Dr. Robert
Shneidman's presentation at the 2000 Gluten Intolerance Group Education
Conference, this video will answer many of your questions. And we always
have a question and answer session at each meeting too.

After the meeting we enjoy sharing gluten-free goodies that members
bring for sampling, and we welcome both new discoveries and old
favorites. As some of our members have other sensitivities in addition
to gluten, please bring a list of the ingredients to place by your
goodies on the table. If your recipe is original, or has been adapted
for celiac use by 3 or more changes to make it gluten free, please bring
a copy of the recipe and give it directly to Lynn Rainwater for
inclusion in our newsletter.

The meeting will be on Monday, 14 May, at 7 pm at Covenant Presbyterian
Church, 211 Roleto Drive (just past Northwest Military Highway on the IH
410 West access road). A locator map may be found at the bottom of the
Calendar page on our Web site.

We welcome visitors. If you would like more information about our group,
please contact our Membership Chair, Anne Barfield, 210-340-0648,

San Antonio Celiac Sprue Support Group
Austin Celiac Sprue Support Association
http://www.geocities.com/alamoceliac