From:
Diane Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:18:37 GMT

Hi, i just got some information from a representative of Starbuck's that has
not been posted before on the list, at least so far as I can tell from the
archives.

   I knew that regular coffees and decafs and caffe mochas at Starbuck's are
generally considered to be GF, but that many of us tend to avoid the
flavored coffees, and one poster has said specifically that we shouldn't
trust the whipped cream.

    After the second time I inadvertantly got whipped cream on my mocha, and
wasn't in a position to return it, I decided to call the company.  I called
1-800-STARBUC, was transfered to their customer relations dept., and a nice
man told me that all of their beverages, except the frappucinos (and
something with the word "brownie" in the name, I think), have been declared
gluten-free.

     He said that they make their own whipped cream from pure whipped cream
and vanilla syrup.  I asked about the syrup, and he told me that it is
gluten-free.  I could have gone on pressing my questions in a suspicious and
accusatory manner, but since he seemed to be well- informed about the gluten
intolerance issue, I decided to take him at his word.  From now on, I won't
be quite so disturbed when I accidentally receive a dollop on my mocha.

     Hope this helps somebody.          Diane, NYC