From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:44:03 -0500

Wow, my thanks to everyone.  I sure received a ton of answers.   Many suggestions were made....the primary one being to check the oven temperature.   That had been done.   Some mentioned not measuring properly, using the wrong pans, overfilling, underbaking, etc. etc.   Ann S. suggested there was too much applesauce in the mix....and that was one I thought made the most sense.

BUT....here's the clincher.   Please don't send me hate mail....   I was ordering from Kinnikinnick for our support group, and I came across the mix I used.    YIKES..... it was the  WRONG STUFF!!   DUH!  I used their All Purpose Mix instead of their All Purpose Flour.   The mix is more suitable for breads and buns, etc.   So I guess that was my first mistake.    BUT.....that was the first time ever using that.  How about all those other mistakes using the right stuff?  They still tend to sink in the middle!!

Anyway, this dummy says thanks to one and all.   It has been quite an education.   AT least I hope you all liked the meringue cookie recipe I sent out.   That is a no brainer!!   No funky flours to work with.

Good cooking and baking to all.   As for me....I quit!!    (just kidding)   :-)

Bev