From:
Sherill Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 06:13:35 -0700

        My father's sister, who is 80 years old, has colitis, and 40 years ago
had a colostomy. She is not in good health, and recently was diagnosed
with anemia. My father asked her recently if it's possible she may have had
CD all along, but she emphatically denied it. She said all her trouble
stems from a case of amoebic dysentery she had as a youth.
        Since I have CD myself, I know my blood relatives have a greater than
average chance of having it.  My two questions for you all are:
        1) What is amoebic dysentery and could CD be mistaken for it?
        2) If so, if she were your aunt, would you say something to her at this
point in her life, or would you just let it go?
        Your opinions are appreciated.

Sherill Roberts
McMinnville, Oregon