From:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marne Platt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:40:13 -0500

Dear Listmates:
Came across this article regarding a poster presentation at the American
Academy of Dermatology in Feb 2005. It concerns the experimental use of a
5% dapsone gel for acne vulgaris.
Since oral dapsone is used to treat DH, but has a significant side effect
profile, I thought this might hold promise as an alternative. It is
apparently NOT approved by FDA, but a good pharmacy should be able to make
some up.
I've forwarded the information to my dermatologist, but would appreciate
it if some of the doctors on the list would share their thoughts.
The article is on medscape, at http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/499983).

Please note that this is not, to my knowledge, an approved or common
therapeutic course, and that I am in no way recommending this as a
treatment. However, as a celiac and DH sufferer, as well as a veterinarian
and an employee of a pharmaceutical company (Not the manufacturer of
dapsone), I take a special interest in pharmacology and potential
treatments of celiac-related symptoms. Each person should consult with
their own health care provider regarding whether this might be an
appropriate option.

 Best GF wishes to all,
Marne